Sunday, December 9, 2012

Send The Civilians Home

The other day I overheard an Air Force Staff Sergeant tell a civilian the following: SS: “I wrote to my congressman and told him that all the civilians should be sent home. You guys get paid too much”. Civ: “I’m here because I want to be here. I like my job. You can apply for a civilian job when you get back”. SS: “I like my family too much to do that to them”. That exchange got me to thinking… what would happen if all the civilians were sent home? How would the dynamics change at Bagram? How would that affect the military in the long run or the short run? Most of the civilians live in B-huts, relocatable buildings (RLB’s), or tents. Some civilians live in connex containers and a very few of them live in block barracks. The civilians living in block barracks generally work for the Air Force.

No comments:

Post a Comment